Monday, April 04, 2005

It's Been Awhile

I'm surprised that I haven't gotten a call from my brother-in-law telling me that I need to update my blog. He is usually good for that. Maybe he is trying to be a little bit nicer. Well it has been awhile and it is no excuse for not writing. I last wrote during spring break right when we got home from San Antonio. Our company arrived on Friday evening, just in time to see the end of the Michigan State game. Saturday was a nice day to just sleep in for a little bit and then we went to school to take the grand tour. This visit was more about relaxing and actually visiting than going and doing things. Sunday was Easter, we went to 8am service, we just didn't think we would make it to sunrise. Plus we didn't want to take the chance of the same thing happening that happened last year at Trinity. We drove around downtown after church and saw the sights of Houston. We were planning on going out to dinner, but instead decided to order in pizza and watch basketball.
Monday took Chad, his dad, and Kurt to the golf course. They ended up playing 18 holes. Then it was off to practice for Chad. We took his dad, Kendra, and Kurt over a little later to watch the end of practice and then to play out on the field. His mom and I went on a furniture hunt for a glider. It was our wedding present. We found one at USA Baby and the boys put it together that night. They then went on the nightly run to Wal-Mart and got our crib set. Chad's dad spent most of Tuesday morning/early afternoon putting it together. He got it all together and I spent the rest of the week putting the room together. We went to Chad's baseball game down at North and they left for Dallas from there.
The rest of the week was "normal" as usual. Work and games and babysitting for me. I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday and then I had Isaac for just a couple of hours after school. Since it was for a short time, he came over here and played with a lot of the toys that we have gotten. He even caught a short nap in the crib. The weekend brought a game on Friday for Chad, but it was just one, so he was actually home before 8pm. Saturday was some errand running and watching the final four. Let's just say that Chad was pretty upset after the State loss. While I was running errands at Wal-Mart, the power went out in the store, but I found it odd that the check-outs still were up and running. Sunday was church and correcting papers for Chad. We then went to the Wilke's for dinner and to watch the baseball game. We also watched the Brewers game live on Saturday on the computer. Today it was back to work and another week. Chad has just 5 weeks of classes and then a week of finals left. I am going to be done working at the end of April and so I have just a few more weeks.
We are having visitors in May and then the summer will be here and our lives will be turned upside down. Hope that spring has gotten to you in the north. We are enjoying the warm here, but not looking forward to the hot hot summer.


Jon Mierow said...

Glad to hear the "Fat Kid" has lost 10 lbs! That's awesome! He'll still be the fat kid in our hearts :) Who knows, maybe we will just have to move on down there so we're only causing damage to 1 state and not 2.