Saturday, January 17, 2009

I never know where the time goes

So my last post was 11 days ago, but it seems like it has been like a month. That is what happens when there is always something going on. So the last few days have all run together and most days I have to stop and think what day it is and where I have to be.

The first week back at school was an adjustment week for everyone. Maddie was adjusting to being back at school, Emma was adjusting to not having Maddie or dad around the whole day. Later that week we had an ultrasound and lots of laughs to go along with it. You can read Chad's post about it on his blog. The weekend was basketball I had a game Saturday and uncle Kurt also had a game on Saturday. We managed our first win of the season last Saturday. Friday evening Chad and I managed to go out for dinner, just the two of us. Saturday after all the games, Kurt came home with us and Emma went to hang out at the Janetzke's. After all the kids got back to their respective homes, Chad, myself, Ben, and Christina went out for a little while. The rest of the weekend was spent just hanging out and relaxing.

This week was something going on every night of the week. Monday I had practice and so the girls went with me. Tuesday was a help day at school for Chad and no practice, so he was home early. So of course instead of just hanging out at home we were off to uncle Kurt's game. We went to the game and were planning on coming straight home because I had a MOPS meeting and so Emma was very upset that she wasn't going over to grandma J's. She wanted to go over there and I told her that if she asked grandma if she could stay over then it was okay. So she marched over to grandma, who was in the middle of a conversation, and asked her. So once again we were down a kid for the evening. Wednesday Maddie and I took Chad to school, then I dropped Maddie off about 20 minutes late because it took us about 45 minutes to get Chad to school and about 50 minutes from there to get to Maddie's school. Both of those drives are usually about 20 minutes, but there was some snow and whatnot, so it took twice as long. I didn't know what to do with myself for two hours with no one. After picking Maddie up, we headed up to Germantown for the afternoon. Chad met us up there after practice and I had a game up near there. By the time the game was over, we already knew that school was canceled for Thursday because of the wind chill. Side note: we did win our game, so that was two in a row. Thursday I ventured to the mall (there was no one there) to get some jeans, then Chad and I went to a dr's appointment, we headed to Target after to pick up a few things.

In the evening I had a game for the tournament and Maddie's school. We were of course playing Maddie's school. The gym was loud, it was their "A" team, they had like 15 girls on their team, and then there was our team. We have 9 girls from 5th-8th grade. They thought that we were so bad that they didn't even start their starters. I kind of took it as a slap in the face, but we played hard in the first half and were losing 10-5 at halftime. The second half was another story. We were out of gas and they put their starters in. I think we scored 2 more points the rest of the game. School was canceled again for Friday, so another day with dad home. Chad still had his game last night, so we were out there for his game. They lost by 2. It came down right to the end. We stayed for the JV game, which was not pretty.

Kurt is staying with us this weekend since mom and dad are at a conference in the Dells. We picked up some pizza on the way home. Once the girls were in bed, they played some Wii and I went to bed. It was off to more basketball this morning. Our game went about as well as Thursday's was. Chad took the girls out to Martin Luther for Kurt's game. He is still out there doing some baseball inventory. I have another game this evening. Hopefully we can pull out one win for the tournament.

Tomorrow we are heading out to Germantown to spend the day and night there. Chad and Maddie don't have school on Monday and we have canceled practices for that day. Even after having the last two days off, this one was planned so it is a little bit more relaxed. Chad has to make up finals next week Tuesday and Wednesday, so that will be taking half of the week. We have more basketball for him and I have another tournament next weekend. One of these days things might slow down, but I am not counting on it.