Friday, May 08, 2009

Lillian Joy

Here she is:
Lillian Joy
7lbs. 14oz
20 1/2 inches

Lilly wanted to wait for her own time to come and also to make quite the entrance. We headed to the hospital about 11:30pm on Wednesday night. I wasn't sure if I would be admitted or if I would get sent home. I was admitted and was in the labor and delivery room around 1am. We had to wait until about 3:45am to get the epidural and then I was able to catch a few Zs. Chad was able to catch a little nap in there also. Around 7:30 am there was a shift change, so that meant a new nurse who has to start all the vitals and checks again. She checked me and I was about 8cm. She had another nurse check just to make sure. Well Lilly didn't like all the poking around at her and decided to slow her heart rate down. A resident came in and put a monitor on her head and after they stopped flipping me from side to side she decided to settle down. My doctor came in a little after 8am and told me to try pushing because her head was still a little high. So I started and about three sets of pushes later she was here. The cord was looped around her neck, not tightly, but still around. We were down in the labor and delivery room for about 2 hours before getting settled in our room for the next couple of days.

The girls came up with Chad in the later afternoon. They weren't so sure about it all right away, but I think there were too many people there. Grandma J, uncle Kurt, aunt Lydia, grandma and grandpa Heff, and I think they were a little intimidated. After the Germantown Janetzkes left and grandma Heff left for her meeting, they were a little bit more curious about Lilly and wanting to hold her. They each took a turn holding her, Maddie was a little more hesitant then Emma.

Friday I missed the Mother's Day celebration at school, but grandma Heff went in my place. After school the girls and Chad came to the hospital. Pasor Schroeder came to baptize Lilly, uncle Kurt who is one of Lilly's godparents got to skip school for a little while to come to the hospital for the baptism. We will be having a ratification on the 24th of May at church for her. Pastor Schroeder added another Janetzke to his baptismal list, he also baptized uncle Ben, aunt Kendra, and aunt Lydia.

The evening was pretty uneventful- uncle Ben and Christina came around 7:45 and stayed until about 9pm. It made the evening go a little quicker for me. I let Lilly go to the nursery again for the night so I could get some sleep, I figure tonight I don't have the option of her going to the nursery. This morning Chad came around 10am and we were on our way around 11:15am. We were waiting for my doctor to come and let me go. The girls were very excited when we got home- and now Lilly is resting with grandma.

I am happy to be home and back in the real world. We will be taking it easy today since tomorrow the Chapmans and Chicago Heffelfingers will be coming for Mother's Day. So that means lots of cousins around tomorrow. Chad is taking Monday off, which will help since Maddie has school and Lilly has a doctor's appointment. His baseball game this morning was canceled, but we are still waiting for word about tonight's game. It would be nice if the game was canceled and we could all just hang out, but I'm not that worried about it. I'm sure more pictures will be to come.