Thursday, September 22, 2005

Safe in Wisconsin

Well let's just say that I never thought that I would have to think about a hurricane coming towards where I live. At the beginning of the week I was wishing that I was there to get everything ready, but as the week has gone on I have realized that I am glad that Maddie and I are there. I am still not thrilled that Chad is still there, but he is at this moment on his way to his aunt and uncle's in Dallas. Chad is a lot more at ease I think that we are here and safe and not having to deal with everything. He was great and got everything ready and packed everything I asked him to.

Back to our Wisconsin trip:
We have been doing lots of visiting with family and friends. We took a trip to Chicago on Tuesday to see Alan, Tracie, and Kate. We got to watch Alex (my cousin) play volleyball and eat dinner with Amy and Ben. We have been in the car a lot, but Maddie doesn't mind since she usually naps in the car. We got to each lunch with Jana yesterday and today we might just hang out at home. I try to keep myself busy, so I don't have to think about all this Rita stuff. Tomorrow is Grandpa J's birthday and Aunt Kathy and Uncle Scott will be here the whole day, so we will be hanging out in Germantown for the day. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and getting a chance to catch up with them.

That is all for now. We are suppose to be heading back to Houston on Monday, but we could be delayed a few more days. We won't be going back if we don't have power or if there is severe damage. We are hoping to be able to get back sooner than later to be able to see Chad and to make sure everything is okay.

1 comments:

The Hatleyman said...

You are in Texas...it never cools off....