Monday, April 02, 2007

A Spring Break of Sorts

No one that was here was actually on spring break- but it was kind of like having two spring breaks. Last week the Chapman's were planning on coming down, but Ben got an ear infection and they didn't want anything to happen to his ears with the plane ride. We missed having them here and hopefully they will get a chance to come and visit soon. Grandma and grandpa Heff were coming too, so we got just the two of them. We still managed to have some fun even though only half of the group was able to come.

They flew in on Tuesday and the girls and I headed to the airport to pick them up. Tuesday we were thinking about going to Chad's game, but it ended up being away because our field was too wet, so we just hung out at home and played.

Wednesday we headed to the Zoo, it was a whole lot of fun and wasn't anything last spring break's trip to the Austin Zoo. We will have to take Chad back since he was at school. Wednesday night grandma made dinner, which was shrimp for her and Chad (gross) and chicken for grandpa and I. Chad likes shrimp, but we never have it because I think it is gross.

Thursday we left grandpa at home and he painted a dresser for Maddie and fixed a couple of boards on our fence. Grandma, I and the girls went to the outlet mall and then got lunch on the way home. We went to Jason's Deli. First off it was really good, but it wasn't the sandwich as much as the service. It is actually a place where you order at the counter and then you go and sit down and they bring you your food. Well we were sitting looking at the menu and the manager asked us if we needed a high chair and so I told him two, then he said that we should go sit down and he would take our order and then bring us our food. It was very nice of him to do that. So thank you manager guy at Jason's deli in The Woodlands. Thursday we went and picked Chad up at school and went over to Harris County, sorry you had to miss it Joel. We then went back to school to hear the Martin Luther band. They were on tour in Texas and that was actually their last concert.

Friday we went to the mall and looked at a sewing machine. Yes, I am trying sewing and actually am pretty confident that I will do okay. Then we headed home and let the girls get a nap in. Grandpa and I went to Chad's game that night and after the game Chad and I went with some of the other coaches and the softball coaches over to a bar to hang out for a little while.

Saturday was just spent mostly at home. Chad and I did manage to get out to a movie and dinner while grandma and grandpa hung out at home with the girls. We went and saw Reign Over Me. It was a really good movie. We then went to Borders, mostly because we could, but also to check a couple of things out.

Sunday was church and then grandma and grandpa had to get to the airport. We all came home and just crashed. I did get the grocery shopping in and a nap too. We went over to Wilke's last night for Phill's birthday and also for Opening night.

This week is a short week of school, but there are still three baseball games. We are going to church's Easter Egg Hunt this weekend. Then I think we will be just doing some relaxing. I'm sure we will be watching baseball too.

Happy Opening Day. GO BREWERS!!!


anne said...