Saturday, September 11, 2004

The Weekend

Do you ever wonder where the weekend actually goes. I am sitting here at 5pm on Saturday and I feel as if my weekend is over even though I have a day and a half left. Maybe it is because I do not have pressing issues to take care of; no practices or games to be at, no visiting of nieces or nephews, no classes to prepare for. It feels as if this weekend is just here. I think that now we have settled into our place and are getting used to being here, it is just one of those days where you feel as if you should be doing something, but then you think about it and realize that you really don't have anything to do.

Last night, we did not have any football to attend, so we had the Schlickers over. We entertained ourselves by watching Shelby (their 18 month daughter) rip anything in her reach off our shelves. We did have a good time. It was nice to relax and just visit with them. Today however, has been filled with watching college football and for the second week in a row, we have even gotten to watch the Wisconsin game.

Chad and I are now both singing in the choir at Trinity and have to sing at the early service tomorrow. Then Chad has the Freshman Retreat tomorrow afternoon until Monday afternoon. I think that Jen and Shleby might come over, because Tavis also has to be at the retreat.

For anyone who cares, Christa and Paul Kieper had their baby on Thursday morning. It is a boy, Isaac Martin. I am going to go over there on Tuesday to see how everyone is. I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend. We will talk to you soon.


0 comments: